EGSA Meeting Information
Date: 13 September 2016
Practice talks/posters for ICE, during seminar 9/19
Social/Seminar - Need to schedule a clean-up; Happy hour/events will be after ICE
-Spring seminars should get planned soon?
Outreach -We could use extra pinned specimens or live for outreach.
-Any thoughts on how to incentive outreach?
President -Faculty positions are opened. Spread the word. (12/2 review)(Three positions are staggered; Precision Ag, systematics, urban)
Vice President -We need to update our logo/constitution (PPGSA meetings will be attended by Sec.)
-Review the constitution by Friday (9/16) and email approval.
-We cannot use the NCSU logo in the EGSA logo. (https://campusenterprises.ncsu.edu/trademark-licensing/home/academic-marks/). Meredith will check into this and we need to get approval so we are covered. This will be a topic at the next mtg.
-EGSA/PPGSA are considered one to GSA. May require treasurers to coordinate funds from one account. Topic for the Spring.
-GSA opportunities: Best practices ($300), block grants ($500 joint with another dept), travel awards for conferences.
-Student Senate Rep from the EGSA? (Next year)
Meeting time to 5pm on Tuesdays? (Pizza)
GSA meeting 7-10p (9/26- during ICE) Lewis will go for Meredith
Recap Officer Elections -
Vice President: Meredith Spence
Secretary: Jeremy Slone
Treasurer: James Withrow
Outreach: Meredith Spence and Nicole Gutzmann (Care-taker)
(Committee: Fallon, Kristi, Samantha M.)
Fundraising chair: Damon D’Ambrosio
(Committee: Sophia, Fallon, Samantha K., Jeremy)
Social chairs: Pete Nelson and Lewis Braswell
(Committee: Meredith, Colin, Sam, Alex)
Seminar chairs: Fallon Fowler and Samantha Kaiser
Date: 11 October 2016
· Greenway cleanup, TBD within the month?
· Bi-weekly happy hours (Thursdays @ 5 (10/20/16)) – East Village
· NCES banquet – Register by 10/12 -> event is November 9th; Can drop off form and payment to Kristi; Can still participate in the poster comp.
· TBD Halloween Festivities
· Holiday party in Dec. (We will host entertainment)
Social/Seminar - Happy hours are happening
Outreach - New incentives for participation, Amazon giftcards ($75/ most outreaches & $75 raffled by # of events attended)
- Several schools still on the list for fall
- Big outreach event is being planned -> if you have ideas reach out to Meredith
President - Faculty hiring is happening; No direct student involvement, but you can still provide feedback from their seminars or teaching lectures during the process.
- Don’t forget to turn in your travel reimbursements
Vice President - Insurance issues are still uncertain
- Two community service opportunities (Operation Christmas child and hurricane relief) – Talk to Meredith for drop off points (Items or cash)
- Socials being planned for GSA, tentative: Oct/27 @ RBC, and 11/18 for hockey
- Logo Update: We are not allowed to sell the remaining stock… No new trademarks, but we can generate our own logo and put text below it (ie: NC State EGSA) // Must be approved and go through authorized vendors
Secretary - PPGSA will attend our meeting next month
· Nov 18th – Plant Path Masters Symposium; Drop in and offer support
· Spring Symposium could be in tandem with PP