Please send comments to email@example.com --henry schaffer
- What pattern of heterozygosity and homozygosity results from inbreeding?
- Is it exactly the same in each run of this exercise?
- How can the heterozygosity and homozygosity in each generation be described?
- Hint: what is F?
- What is the value of F when the population is in H-W proportions?
- Calculate F for each generation
- Graph F over at least 10 generations.
- This exercise starts with 100 individuals and continues with 100
individuals in each generation. (50 pairs of full sibs.) What would be
- There were a different number at the start?
e.g. 50, or 500?
- There were a different number of offspring per parent?
e.g. 2, or 1/2 (on the average)
- Can you characterize variation within vs. between lines?
Copyright © 2000, 2017 by Henry E. Schaffer Last modified 2/13/2017