- What pattern of heterozygosity and homozygosity results from inbreeding?
- Is it exactly the same in each run of this exercise?
- How can the heterozygosity and homozygosity in each generation be described?
- Hint: what is F?
- What is the value of F when the population is in H-W proportions?
- Calculate F for each generation
- Graph F over at least 10 generations.
- This exercise starts with 100 individuals and continues with 100
individuals in each generation. What would be different in this process if:
- Instead of starting with 100, and continuing with 100 in each
generation, there was a different number?
e.g. 50, or 500?
- After starting with 100, the numbers in succeeding generations was
based on the number of offspring per parent?
e.g. 2, or 1/2 (on the average)
- Does the name "single seed descent" indicate that this inbreeding
method isn't applicable to animals?
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org --henry schaffer
Copyright © 2000 by Henry E. Schaffer Last modified 4/12/00