North Carolina Plant Disease and Insect Clinic


Disease Problems:


Insect Related:


General Questions:


Monday - Friday

NC Plant Disease & Insect Clinic 1227 Gardner Hall
100 Derieux Place
Raleigh, NC 27695
Directions to the Clinic

Department of
Plant Pathology

Department of



Plant Disease and Insect Clinic

NC County Extension Centers

North Carolina Cooperative Extension external link is based at North Carolina's two land-grant institutions, NC State University external link and NC A&T State Universityexternal link in all 100 counties external link and on the Cherokee Reservation external link. North Carolina Cooperative Extension gives residents easy access to the resources and expertise of NC State University and NC A&T State University. Through educational programs, publications, and events, Cooperative Extension field faculty deliver unbiased, research-based information to North Carolina citizens. Cooperative Extension agents can answer your questions on a wide array of topics.

Your County Agent external link or a Master Gardener external link can diagnose many common plant disease and insect problems. If necessary, your county agent can help you properly collect and submit a sample to the PDIC, which helps to assure the best diagnosis. After the diagnosis, your county agent can recommend control methods that are suitable to your location and situation.

Click NC County Extension Centers external link to find your county's Agricultural Agent, Horticultural Agent, Master Gardener, or to find out about volunteering as a Master Gardener

North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services external link

The NCDA & CS offers analysis of soil nutrients, plant tissues, potting mixes, irrigation water samples, and animal, municipal and industrial wastes. They make recommendations to improve production efficiency and protect natural resources based on sample results.

The Nematode Assay Service can assay soil samples for the presence of at least 46 different plant-parasitic nematodes. A nematode assay can be used to:

If we suspect a fertility or nematode problem in your sample, we will refer it to the NCDA & CS at no additional charge to you.

Routine soil and nematode samples should be submitted directly to the Agronomic Services Division external link of NCDA & CS.