1. How is the voice of Henry Kissinger,
former US Secretary of State, described? Fill in the blanks.
He sounds like a
, with a
habit, who has just swallowed
2. Our voices reveal essential clues
about who we are. List some adjectives used to describe voices.
3. What characteristic is linked with
4. What other quality besides authority
do we want from a public voice?
5. How do some people describe Al
6. List some good and bad qualities
of former President Clinton's voice.
7. What criticism is made of British
Prime Minister Tony Blair's voice and how could this characteristic be
detrimental to his credibility?
8. Discuss the comments made about
Barack Obama's voice. Do you think his voice is an asset or a liability?
9. What challenge does Hillary Clinton
10. Why and how does Mahatma Gandhi's
voice fit his message?
11. Do you assume a different voice
and/or personality when you are speaking in your second language?
If so, describe the differences.