NC STATE University Club

NC State University Club
View from the Southwest

Scroll below for building history

Click to view ADA Map
Accessibility Map

Location: West Campus

Current Residents:

University Club

Built 1963
Renovated 2010

Sq. Footage 22,676

To: Campus Map
To: Facilities Division
To: Floor Plans


When Alumnus Richard (Dick) Reynolds, president of the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation and son of R. J. Reynolds, once visited the NC State campus, he noticed that recreation facilities were provided for students yet none were available to faculty. Reynolds decided to correct the problem. He obtained a grant of $800,000 from the foundation to construct the Faculty Club.

Under a long term lease to the University Foundation, the clubhouse was opened in the spring of 1963. Its name was changed from the Faculty Family Recreation Center to University Club in the mid 1990's.

Members can enjoy various club facilities: the Lutz Ballroom, the 1887 Dining Room, the Dalla Pozza Atrium, Woodrow's Tavern, and Miss Louise's Pantry.

Return to the Building Index or Return to the Campus Map Tunnel - not accessible (click for details) Emergency Blue Light Telephone Location Accessible Wolfline Bus Transit Stop Steep Grade - may require assistance (click for details) Nearest accessible van parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Nearest accessible car parking spaces - number indicates available spaces Passenger Elevator - requiring a key for access (click for details) Passenger elevator (click for details) Accessible Facility Entrance (click for details) Automatic Door Opener Accessible Entrance (click for details) Elevation Change (click for details) Access Route (click for details) Inaccessible Building (click for details) Partially Accessible Building (click for details) Accessible Building (click for details) South Campus North Campus Centennial Campus Central Campus Central Campus South Campus West Campus Stadium and Arena